Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ffxi on ps3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Deadalus

Deadalus

Male Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-09-02

ffxi on ps3 Empty
PostSubject: ffxi on ps3   ffxi on ps3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 4:12 pm

hey guys just wanted to pick your brains .. do any of you use ps2 disks of ffxi on a ps3 i heard it will work, my friend has a ps3 and ive found him an american ntsc version of ffxi with all expansions on ebay would this work on a uk ps3?
Back to top Go down
Spoonykipper

Spoonykipper

Male Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2007-09-08

ffxi on ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ffxi on ps3   ffxi on ps3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 5:24 pm

you need a patch for it to work on the ps3 HD as i know a US player that could use it at 1st till the HD patch came out.
Back to top Go down
Tifavalentine

Tifavalentine

Female Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-06-03

ffxi on ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ffxi on ps3   ffxi on ps3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:17 pm

Well, for one thing... there are only certain models of PS3 which have the backwards compatibility to play PS2 games. I can't remember which models it is atm, I'll try and look it up for you.

As for playing a US copy on a UK PS3, it will not work I'm afraid. PS3 is regionless for PS3 games, but there are region locks on PS1 and PS2 games.
Back to top Go down
http://nicetohaveahobby.blogspot.com
Spoonykipper

Spoonykipper

Male Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2007-09-08

ffxi on ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ffxi on ps3   ffxi on ps3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:20 pm

60gb played PS2 games but SE recalled and dont sell anymore in any shops (might be able to get one on like ebay) the 40gb that they do sell just does PS1 games.
Back to top Go down
Deadalus

Deadalus

Male Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-09-02

ffxi on ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ffxi on ps3   ffxi on ps3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 12:51 am

aaaw thats a shame thanks anyway guys it was a bargain at only $45 (what £23) for all the exapansions i wanted to hook myself up with a ps3 and a set as well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ffxi on ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ffxi on ps3   ffxi on ps3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ffxi on ps3
Page 1 of 1